Re: Weblogs: Personal Weblogs.

Author:Charles Summerhill
Posted:5/28/1999; 11:41:46 AM
Topic:Weblogs

They can be more personal and focused than Intranet weblogs. Personal weblogs only viewable by yourself and others who share your computer/browser (like your family).

I am developing a weblog for my personal home page which is run through Apache on my own machine (personal web-server). This is like super-bookmarks, where I can bookmark sites to visit and provide comments and descriptions so I remember why to go back.

Some of these links/weblog entries end up getting e-mailed out to friends and co-workers (note to self: need to automate that process).

Several months ago, Dave was promoting personal web-servers. I listened, now I'm suggesting the next step: personal weblogs.

--Charles A. Summerhill ALLTEL Information Services