Re: My.Userland.Com channel that funnels all links into 1 place?

Author:David Gewirtz
Posted:6/10/1999; 6:55:34 PM
Topic:My.Userland.Com channel that funnels all links into 1 place?

Seems fair to me. Actually, the process of making the channel (the rolling up the sleeves and programming) was a kick. I haven't been able to get quality programming time for about five months and I had a ball.

Dave, one of the things you don't often promote about Frontier is that it's just plain fun to program in. It's a very satisfying place to work and I think I had more fun over the past few days doing this development than I've had in a few months. Once some work's been done on a Frontier project, additional work just sort of seems to snap into place. Very cool.

> He is a marketing slimeball, in a nice way.

Aw...that's so sweet...I love it. Can I quote you? My good friend Dan once said about me (and it's among my favorite things): "He is capable of more inanity in a single paragraph than any writer on the planet..."

What can I say, sick and twisted guy that I am, I love this stuff!

And, as for the channel stuff, the one thing we do try to do is respond to readers. Although I put it off for a long time, I'm finally doing an AvantGo version because we discovered that a full 30% of our PalmPower hits come from there. So if we get a lot of sustained crankiness about the channel, we'll do it differently. Besides, then I'd get to play programmer again and I'd get to avoid doing edits for another day. The people in my office think I'm doing all this oh-so-serious programming when, in reality, I'm having a blast playing.