Re: $15,000 to Burn

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:6/11/1999; 8:07:44 AM
Topic:$15,000 to Burn

Is there any real benefit from running Frontier on a dual-processor machine as opposed to a single processor machine? I mean, other than the second processor offloading some of the NT system-specific tasks. Does Frontier itself take advantage of dual processors?

I'm not sure about that one. I know it runs on dual-CPU machines, we have three of them here. But does it run better than six single-CPU machines? I don't know.

The last one I bought was over $6K. I could have bought a few 450Mhz machines for that money. No, I don't think it was a good buy. But I don't have the data to back up that opinion.