Re: New UI for My.UserLand.Com

Author:Jim Roepcke
Posted:6/12/1999; 9:19:05 PM
Topic:New UI for My.UserLand.Com

Use Case: I'm not a member, I go to the my.userland.com home page. I see a bunch of links: Home, FAQ, Choose, Favourites, etc.

Then I see a Members box with Log In and Sign Up.

I've never been to your site. I might think that I can use the Choose and Favourites features, because they're not in the Members box.

When I choose one of those, I'm told it's for members only...

I think, "So why wasn't that in the Members box then?".

I think I remember a couple people saying (even you, Dave?) that it's important to keep the Members box small... why? Certainly it doesn't have to be huge, but it should be sized proportionally with its importance, IMHO.

Didn't AMEX say: "Membership has its rewards"?

FWIW, I too think the logo is too tall, but if ads were to appear, and the logo and ad banner together didn't occupy much (if any) more vertical space as the logo itself does now, that wouldn't be bad.

I like the horizontal menu on the current discuss better than the menu down the left, personally...

Jim