Re: On a Quest for a Superior Windows Text Editor

Author:Nicholas Riley
Posted:6/17/1999; 6:36:52 AM
Topic:On a Quest for a Superior Windows Text Editor

11. Optional Emacs key bindings

How about XEmacs for NT? I've been using it recently and it's essentially XEmacs on NT - which means it's very good, mature, and does all of the above.

For some of the more graphical things (multifile find/replace and compare) I use CodeWarrior's editor which is exactly the same on Windows and Mac. If you don't have the commercial version, you can download the free CodeWarrior Lite which will do find/replace, compare, and almost everything editor-like except creating new files - not really an impediment.

--Nicholas