Re: UserLand's response

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:6/17/1999; 7:30:35 AM
Topic:Netscape on next rev of RSS

Then no-one will voluntarily use the scripting news xml format

Why do you say that?

I think it's already proven not true, btw.

For example Wired has a channel. Why would they use RSS and not use ?

We'll make it easy for them. I bet they do!

(BTW, by pointing to them I just got them some hits for subordinate pages, that have ads on them. I think they get a nice win by supporting RSS, it means that it's easier for *me* to read their site and catch changes, and while the "Scripting News-effect" isn't quite as big as the "SlashDot-effect", it's not insubstantial. There may be an insiders-gain here, by being early on the RSS bandwagon, Wired is becoming more accessible to people like me who do weblogs, and it's more likely that our audiences will tune into what they're saying and see their ads. So it's smart, from an advertising standpoint, to support this stuff.)