Re: UserLand's response

Author:Ian Davis
Posted:6/17/1999; 7:52:50 AM
Topic:Netscape on next rev of RSS

I'll rephrase it:

The RSS format naturally leads people into the publishers site. The links are generally links to articles on their web site.

The scriptingNews format has embedded links to other people's sites. (see http://my.userland.com/viewChannel$747). That's fine for weblogs like Scripting News, Internet Alchemy, Camworld etc. but for the vast majority of commercial sites that's not acceptable. I suspect that Wired would like people to come an actually read their articles, experience some of the other Wired benefits and perhaps bring Wired some revenue. If scriptingNews was adopted by my.netscape, do you think Wired would see a fall in revenue?

.id.