Re: too many files open [Mac]

Author:Dave Polaschek
Posted:6/28/1999; 7:46:31 AM
Topic:too many files open [Mac]

I'd rather just up the file open limit a bit.

There's a hard limit in the OS, so opening up the limit may not be possible. Mac OS 8.6 has a lot of files it opens itself, plus many applications are opening more files just to run. I'm really missing the days when an application was a single file. I've got ten files open just to run Netscape (with no window opened, even). Another 11 for my email program.

One thing that will help is combining your fonts into either a single suitcase (just drag them all into a single file) or a few sets. One file open instead of a few dozen, and you'll be able to open more.

-DaveP