Re: Eric Raymond

Author:Eric Soroos
Posted:6/28/1999; 8:16:52 PM
Topic:Eric Raymond

Thankfully, the right to bear arms does not preclude the right to _not_ bear arms. I have fired guns in the past, both handguns and longguns (rifles and shotguns).

Having the right to not bear arms, I choose not to. I do not like the person that I am when I have such a device in my posession. I do not like the way that superior firepower changes thought patterns. There will not be guns in my house.

Maybe that makes me a moral coward. Frankly I don't care, I'd rather fight other battles, with different weapons.

eric