Re: 'Fat' Channels

Author:Ian Davis
Posted:7/7/1999; 5:28:59 PM
Topic:'Fat' Channels

This is exactly why I created the Open Content Syndication format for channel listings. I'd like to urge Dave to adopt it for the my.userland channel list.

It supports descriptions of each channel including owner, originating site, categorisation and multiple formats for each channel each with their own publishing schedule. It's not hard to get started - a detailed example is given on the OCS site which can just be copied and changed as necessary.

Also, I invite anyone who is interested in content syndication whether from a publisher, consumer, aggregator or general interest point of view to come and join the Syndication mailing list.

.id.