Re: Dell Service

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:7/14/1999; 1:54:48 PM
Topic:Dell Service

I'd pay some extra bucks for a service that brought out a replacement unit for the computer. I can take care of transferring the files. This is the weak spot. They can do a new machine, they say, in 15 days. My experience with the laptop was over 30 days, and it still doesn't work properly (the Shift key is intermittent and is driving me crazy).

I just bought a new car. If it needs repair they provide a loaner. Somehow the auto industry has figured out how to do this.