Re: weblogs

Author:Fredrik Lundh
Posted:7/15/1999; 10:33:56 AM
Topic:weblogs

they want duplication where I think an item is important, that they're interested in my editorial voice and why I think a given story is interesting

amen.

(personally, I read a small number of channels through the favourites page. I look for a clear editorial voice -- not necessarily one that I agree with, but one that I trust. Dave's on my list, for instance. I simply don't have the time to sift through my.userland.com's endless stream of "information that, though true, is worthless". for more on what happens when you deploy "demons of the second kind", read this book ;-)

writing the scripts to provide the Userland or Whump XML formats rather than the MyNetscape format just hasn't trickled up the queue. And the MyNetscape format only allows for links.

well, if you have a Python interpreter running on your box (or are willing to install one), you can use my newschannel tool to generate scriptingNews and my.netscape files from your HTML sources. drop me a line if you're interested.

(what's Whump, btw? who's using it? where's the spec?)