Re: Deep linking

Author:Jim Correia
Posted:7/27/1999; 9:18:56 AM
Topic:Deep linking

I personally don't like it. Suppose I navigate thru to your site and find a useful page and bookmark it. If I come back directly to that page in the future, the referrer is empty, the cookie is expired, and I'm redirected to the top of the site and forced to find the information again that I bookmarked?

Are you putting the information there for your benefit or mine? If it is there for mine, let me at it easily. If it is there entirely for yours, one could question why you put it there in the first place.