Re: Tog's rants

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:8/3/1999; 11:51:25 AM
Topic:Tog's rants

Jacob, this is a familiar Mac world rant.

If only the programmer's weren't so selfish they would make tools that we could use but they don't because then we wouldn't need them anymore.

This led people to develop scripting languages that were supposed to be like English, and a superior attitude about programming languages that looked "programmerish".

You wouldn't believe the grief that's around this whole issue. The non-programmers are convinced we're out to get them. To them it's for real. I will try to talk with Tog, who is a smart man, and suggest that we work together instead of having it be a one-way fire-hose of condemnation. Can't work with that very well. I sure hope we don't have to go thru another one of these.