Re: Open Source considered unkillable

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:8/3/1999; 1:16:04 PM
Topic:Microsoft response to Instant Messaging

Use logic and debugging skills to understand what I'm saying.

It's not the 'in your face' kind of declarative statement that fills usenet and slashdot.

I'm saying open source is both good, and used as a tool to divide people. You get closer to the truth by evaluating the end result. Is the software good or not? At times Raymond is clear on this, and other times he's got his sword out and he slashes everything on the 'other side' when many of the people he targets could be friends.