Re: Frontier v6 crashes on NTsp4 & 5 -- ideas?

Author:erik
Posted:8/3/1999; 2:03:32 PM
Topic:Frontier v6 crashes on NTsp4 & 5 -- ideas?

Thanks for the list of tips.

I have never logged to outlines, only to gdb.

I have updated to the very latest changes.

The server is not running any other apps except a remote control thingie which allows me to view the console (the server is 3,000 miles away). The crashes almost always happen when I don't have a live window to the console.

I hadn't Saved as a copy for my gdb for awhile... doing that reduced the size of my news gdb by 60%. Are you saying that it is a good idea to save a copy of the Frontier.root file and then rename it and use it?

It'll be really a BIG chore to recode without TEK/Regex, since a huge part of my processes depend on parsing HTML. I understand why you recommend this, but ...

I reduced maximum threads to 8 today.

The scientific method is fine, although changing only one variable at a time and then waiting N days to see what happens is not that feasible--I can't wait N*4 days (assuming 8 variables). I need improved reliability within a week, which is why I posted this query, to try to attack a reasonable set of possible causes. erik