Re: Deep Linking

Author:Jacob Levy
Posted:8/9/1999; 4:21:14 PM
Topic:Deep Linking

Well said and all the more reason why its silly for Universal to sue. Whether you *should* care about it if you're publishing information on the web is another issue, and I agree with your POV on that.

However, I was arguing against having humans involved in the process of preventing deep linking against a site owner's wishes. It's technically practical to enforce a ban on deep linking if you really care about that. Therefore relying on goodwill is less practical from a legal POV, IMHO, YMMV, $0.02.

I ran out of abbreviations here :)