Re: Deep Quotes

Author:Jason Orrill
Posted:8/13/1999; 11:28:12 AM
Topic:Deep Quotes

"We found that we had many companies that were trying to use our information for corporate purposes, changing the editorial to fit their goals, and mounting the content on their site. They would scoff this information off of the Web, put it on their Web site, and pass off as their own."

What Walter describes here is plagiarism and/or doctoring text, and I can see why a publication would want to fight that. However, linking to an article is entirely different that what he's talking about. As long as the original text is left intact and the content isn't put in a frameset that makes it appear to be what it's not, I don't see why they should have a problem with linking. Hopefully they'll see the light. :)