Re: Open Source Dictatorships

Author:Grant Rauscher
Posted:8/13/1999; 1:19:29 PM
Topic:Re: Open Source Dictatorships

The cathedral and bazaar need to stay "near" one another, not necessarily physically, but they must interact well. Small components of projects benefit from being addressed by both groups simultaneously. As is so often stressed in this community, communication is at the core.

Development is kind of like social-planning, I suppose, but I'm not sure the metaphor is strong enough either.