re: Walter Crosby's email

Author:Jason Levine
Posted:8/13/1999; 1:51:34 PM
Topic:re: Walter Crosby's email

Crap. To quote from your DaveNet yesterday:

I received an email from an InfoWorld insider, a friend, who said that the policy is serious. My correspondent asked not to be identified, and I'm respecting that.

This is pretty tacit approval of the fact that you're willing to accept email from people who ask not to be quoted; if it's not, and you're going to violate a pretty basic tenet of journalism, you should be pretty clear about this up front. (Remember, you verified last year that you consider yourself a journalist, and in addition, you state today that this is a "scandal" that you're helping to expose.)

Just my $0.02 -- and my guarantee that at least I'm going to be hesitant to help expose truths to the world through Scripting News...

/jason