Re: How to woo developers

Author:larry
Posted:8/18/1999; 12:11:11 PM
Topic:What is Scripting News?

Software development as an artform/profession/responsibility/joy? I could not agree more! It seems to me that we are entering the era where the technical problems involved in programming are almost always overshadowed by the social, political, and even philosphical and religious considerations of how any particular application should be used. Perhaps what leads to the distrust of programmers/developers is the awareness most individuals have that in using a given program they are accepting along with it the worldview and ethical stance that the author wrote into it.