Re: Next clonemaker, Compaq

Author:Eric Soroos
Posted:8/20/1999; 12:44:15 PM
Topic:Next clonemaker, Compaq

I like Micron. I dealt with a couple of their machines a long time ago, they felt good and had _really_ good monitors for the time. But that was a while ago.

Why do I like them now?

I asked for a quote on a micron laptop for my office. A month or so later, they sent me a follow up/marketing questionaire via email. Normally I'm violently anti-spam, but this one was different.

They offred me $12 for completing the survey. They paid in cash, in fresh crisp bills.

A few months later, they did the same thing, this time for $10.

I like their style, and their willingness to pay for survey information.

eric