Re: About MonkeyJunkies and Evolt.Org

Author:bob@bobdavis.org
Posted:8/21/1999; 12:45:22 PM
Topic:About MonkeyJunkies and Evolt.Org

I hope the discussion didn't turn into an argument about who was right WRT copyright. That battle was fought, it's over, and it's not the point.

The point about Evolt is not one of intellectual property, but rather that the medium worked. It has been said in the past - "It's my forum, and the rules are mine, if you don't like the rules, start your own forum with your own rules". With the internet, you _can_ start your own forum with your own rules. The barriers to entry are your strength of belief and your intellectual capital.

We didn't like a rule, so we created something that we did like. If there is to be any discussion about MJ and Evolt, it should be one about the system working.

It's a good thing. Learn from it. It's an example of the power of the Internet and what can come out of it. Talk about that.