Re: Compaq DOA, Microsoft NT setup cruel and unusual punishment

Author:Tucker Goodrich
Posted:8/25/1999; 4:02:46 PM
Topic:Next clonemaker, Compaq

Did you ask the person how they liked working at Sykes?

Just curious

The problem you experienced is a known bug with the Compaq instructions for setting up the network card that NT uses to get going.

I'm a little surprised you're having this problem, and getting no help on it from Compaq. I had the same problem in May, and was able to find the fix on Compaq's web site.

No question: big pain in the butt.

If you'd like some help, when I get in the office tomorrow, I'll check my notes and find the fix.