Re: Open Source Projects and quality...

Author:Ken Kennedy
Posted:8/26/1999; 8:34:42 AM
Topic:Opening Up Linux Journal and O'Reilly

Dave,

Thanks. I appreciate your clarifying yourself, and your open-mindedness. And actually, your Larry Wall comment brings the whole thing a little better into perspective, in my mind. I've never met Larry, but if he'd made that kind of comment about me and my work, I'd remember it too! Completely understandable. You've got every right to expect respect. Please don't think I was knocking Frontier; from the little I've mucked with it, and the stuff I've read (I do try to keep up with things around here..*grin*), it rocks!!

On a (somewhat) related note, now that I've got your attention...I love mucking about with old computers. I've come into possession of an OLLDD Mac (68K; not sure what model) running System 7. I know it can't run the new Frontier stuff, but would it run any of the older versions? If so, are they still available?? I think it would be cool to play with...