Re: Open Source Projects and quality...

Author:Dori Smith
Posted:8/26/1999; 7:57:19 PM
Topic:Opening Up Linux Journal and O'Reilly

My nomination for a venue: Builder.com in New Orleans, Dec. 7-11.

That or The Bazaar in New York from December 14-16.

Just my opinion, but I think that having it take place at a Open Source convention would lead to at least a perceived problem of audience bias. How much would they actually listen to what Dave has to say if/when he disagreed with ESR?

I think that you need to have a venue where both can speak as equals, and I tend to doubt that that's possible at an Open Source show.

Hey, Dave, want to present your opinions on Perl at Perl Whirl 2000?