Re: Beware The reach of DaveNet

Author:Shawn Sutherland
Posted:8/29/1999; 3:00:22 PM
Topic:Next clonemaker, Compaq

Someday this will happen. The phone rings. "Hi Dave, this is Mark Mell, the CEO of Mell Machines, and we have a new PC in the works, it's wonderful, and I was wondering if you'd like to try it out? We'll bring it in a limo. We'll take it back anytime you get tired of it, and hopefully replace it with something you like even better. Will you tell us what that might be? Oh and if you like it, is it OK if we tell other people that you use our product?"

If you really want this to happen, all you really need to do is set up reviews.userland.com and start reviewing new hardware on a regular basis. Of course that means you have to spend lots of time playing with new hardware.

How about you set up reviews.userland.com, and I review all the hardware and give you the junk I dont want... heh...