Re: Today's scriptingNews Outline

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:8/31/1999; 8:00:20 AM
Topic:Today's scriptingNews Outline

Hmm.. well, the Linux version of StarOffice is most certainly not written in Java. They were having problems with the Linux glibc a few months back so I assume it was written in either C or C++

So I guess this is a silent reversal of Sun's claim that Java was the One True Way to do cross-platform application software? What does Bill Joy say now?? (What does Don Hopkins say?)