Re: Open source AppleScript

Author:Dennis Peterson
Posted:8/31/1999; 8:39:52 AM
Topic:Gentlemen start your clocks

I hope it happens. When I was a graphics guy using the Mac I went several years before I even heard of Applescript. Apple did a terrible job promoting it--they should have included it in the product as soon as it was available, instead of making it an extra option you had to send for if you were lucky enough to know about it. (I know they finally started including it with 7.5) I found a book that had it on disk, and was able to completely automate one of my more routine and tedious publications.

It wasn't the fastest thing in the world, or the easiest to debug, but it got the job done.