Re: 130 RSS newsfeeds from Moreover.com

Author:nick@moreover.com
Posted:8/31/1999; 1:41:40 PM
Topic:130 RSS newsfeeds from Moreover.com

Dave is absolutely right. Deep linking is a legally murky area. So, by extension, is the syndication of deep links, which is what we at Moreover.com do.

I was glad to see the InfoWorld article, which shows the way the tide is turning... http://www.infoworld.com/cgi-bin/displayIcommerce.pl?/prophet.htm

But, putting aside that debate, here's what we're trying to do: bridge the worlds of html and xml news.

There's all that great content out there, in messy html. At Moreover.com, we've tried to translate, not everything, but the headlines at least.

It's been a year's work, defining individual templates for every single source we harvest.

If we and others can repurpose this legacy html content, on the industrial scale we're attempting, then xml can really take off.

Nick Denton www.moreover.com