Re: Who owns what parts of your webpage?

Author:Luke Tymowski
Posted:9/1/1999; 12:31:12 PM
Topic:Who owns what parts of your webpage?

I have a problem with one spider: Altavista Canada. I use my robots.txt file and meta tags to tell search engines to stay out of my site. All of them respect my wishes. Except, however, Altavista Canada. They ignore my robots.txt and meta tags and take what they want.

Next I'll have to block their IP address from my site so they can't get in.