Re: Feedback on www.userland.com?

Author:Oliver Wrede
Posted:9/5/1999; 8:16:46 AM
Topic:www.userland.com

I feel much better understood now. (No rip was intended!)

I agree on the UserLand branding, and I did not actually want to state anything different.

BTW: The semantic implication of the name "User"+"Land" is representing a very valuable idea! I think "Micro"+"Soft" is quite a bad brandname compared to "Userland" (Did you protect that name?)

But nevertheless I tried to give arguments with my feedback. I am not the god of good website design. I would have a hard time to work upon what you work upon. Critizising is easy. But that's the nature of feedbacks.... (maybe I'll look for examples - but not now...)

Oliver

p.s.: I am working on something to foster interaction between users and their content (Who doesn't?? ;-)) -- But you will get the opportunity to fire back soon - although the pusporse of it is not comparable to what we discuss. I am not quite sure if I'll use Frontier for it - but maybe...