Re: Can I script Outlook Express or Eudora?

Author:Mark Nottingham
Posted:9/7/1999; 3:26:36 AM
Topic:Can I script Outlook Express or Eudora?

Exchange Server can do IMAP, but it's a little broken (for heavy use). For what Dave wants to do, it should be more than adequate.

Personally, I find Postfix, UW-IMAP, procmail and Outlook Express (IMP when on the road) to be a very good solution. EVERYTHING lives on the server (except I haven't found a really good solution for address book yet; don't feel like setting up my own ldap server yet).

The lag some people are talking about with IMAP is probably because they're doing it over a modem; on a decent connection (preferably, lan) it rocks.