Re: Summary of recent XML-RPC developments

Author:Leonard Rosenthol
Posted:9/7/1999; 10:43:36 AM
Topic:Summary of recent XML-RPC developments

> So we will do something to make the XML-RPC irrevocably in the public > domain. The question is how to express that. We want to retain a > copyright on the spec itself. I don't understand or believe in public > domain writing. But any implementation of the spec is completely free. > You are free to even be incompatible, but I want to be sure that > compatibility means something. And you may quote the spec liberally, on > a fair use basis. If you're implementing the spec, I don't want anything > to stand in your way.

I would suggest looking at how Adobe has addressed these issues with the PDF specification as it is much like what you are asking for. It's still held by Adobe, but the specs are out there for free and even if Adobe drops off the map there are a LOT of other tools for reading, writing and editing PDF files.

Leonard