Re: Artists' Republic of Fremont

Author:Eric Soroos
Posted:9/8/1999; 9:58:32 AM
Topic:A bit of history

I missed burningman, but I did go to the next best thing, burning cow.

Or rather, burning bovinasaurus lactus. Sorry I don't have a picture or a webiste. The burning was the closing event to Bumbershoot, the 4 day music and arts fest in Seattle.

At the end, they burned this t-rex shaped evil looking cow. Picture a white and black spotted beast, with a nasty grin/growl, short front arms ending in hooves, big back legs, and a large udder. And a black and white egg. With two drum groups, the human rain forest, and a gaggle of belly dancers gyrating in front of it as the crowd yells "Burn the cow!" It was rather odd. I'm not sure what imagery they were trying to get across.

eric