Re: New Third Voice version out

Author:Jeff A. Campbell
Posted:9/15/1999; 1:37:16 PM
Topic:New Third Voice version out

Personally, I think I have the right to alter anything that appears on my computer. Just as I can buy a magazine, take it home and scribble on the pages, I should be able to filter/cut/etc. whatever I see in my own web browser.

We do this every day. Anyone who uses Lynx isn't getting the same thing as those who use Netscape. What if I turn off image loading? Resize the browser window? Etc. etc.

If they somehow forced it on the users' screen, that'd be one thing. But those using Junkbusters and Third Voice do so by choice (they downloaded and installed the software). I understand where it could be frustrating for a web designer (I know), but it's not my say how a collective userbase decides to view my content as long as they don't trick eachother into thinking I intended it that way.