Re: We're going to have some fun at Third Voice's expense

Author:Larry Rosenstein
Posted:9/15/1999; 3:12:28 PM
Topic:New Third Voice version out

Some webmaster have added these scripts such that they cause JavaScript errors. I have error reporting turned on in my browser (IE/Mac) so I see these. In one case, a newline was introduced in a keyword and in other cases some unsupported construct was used.

In one case, I was able to eliminate the error by writing a simple plugin for the Muffin proxy. (Muffin is an open source, programmable, 100% Java proxy.) I simply modified the page to disable the script.

(Technically, the same thing would be easy for Third Voice to do, since they are already transforming the page content.)