Re: Communities for tech women

Author:Jacob Levy
Posted:9/16/1999; 10:28:51 PM
Topic:Today's scriptingNews Outline

I do tend to trivialize women's role in technology.

Your point is very valid. Bad attitudes take a long time to correct. I'm hereby admitting that in public. I didn't get that from her message, but your message made me reread hers in a different light. Thanks!

Learn and live.

FWIW, what I originally got from her message is another rant about sexism that is seemingly unsupported by the evidence she presents. If you reread my message you will see that I never deny there is this problem called sexism. I just called her on the evidence. These things are important because people perceive them very differently as this discussion shows.