Re: What is Third Voice?

Author:Fredrik Lundh
Posted:9/17/1999; 12:38:22 AM
Topic:New Third Voice version out

Third Voice is a cesspool. Bad idea.

Well, I've started to think that Third Voice in itself is good idea, but that they're focussing on the bad parts just to impress their VCs.

Don't know their business plan (cannot really tell if they have one ;-), but I'd focus on quality if I were them: scrap the 'public grafitti on anyone's site' aspect, and focus on 'group annotations on the web' and 'discussion/annotation on registered sites'.

But maybe that's what their competitors do?

they will always be the VC firm of cesspools

Well, if you plan to get all your cash from the stock market, rather than from paying customers, a large number of one-time-and-never-ever-again customers is probably better than a small number of quality users :-(