Re: sites with api's

Author:James Carlyle
Posted:9/23/1999; 11:40:06 AM
Topic:sites with api's

Andrew

Why don't more sites have publicised APIs?

xmlTree has a XML interface to the complete directory - see http://www.xmltree.com/export/container.cfm. We're using this to allow other sites, like MyWebNews, to offer a channel directory to their users.

We'll also be building a specific directory of SOAP interfaces, using the same XML api, called soapi.com :-)

You can look for more sites that have XML APIs in xmlTree, by filtering for applications or static content (i.e. not news, weblogs or forums).

Try http://www.xmltree.com/Index.cfm?L=0&Cat=A&SeeThru=1 for applications or http://www.xmltree.com/Index.cfm?L=0&Cat=S&SeeThru=1 for static content.

Do you have any more details of the Pyra api? And when you talk about the XML api of Weavelet.com, do you mean the 'XML view'? To be honest, I don't think that Weavelet.com offers anything more than MyWebNews or StartsHere at the moment.

James