Re: Interactive RSS channels

Author:Eugene Pervago
Posted:9/23/1999; 12:17:12 PM
Topic:Interactive RSS channels

I would probably implement it like this(in near future):
  1. If this is interactive channel, also replace 'action' with our proxy script and put original 'action' in a hidden field (as James proposed).
  2. User submits search, calling our proxy script which simply displays results on separate page - this would simplify the design and allow greater performance.

MyWebNews.com has a lot of caching.. E.g. all you see on MWN home page is generated from cache : module data (title,link,description,ratings etc.) is stored in DB but it's cached in ASP's Application object, headlines are also cached, results of more complex modules ( not RSS ) are also cached, HTTP retrievals are also cached etc.