Re: Dan Gillmor's

Author:Nick Sweeney
Posted:9/26/1999; 7:59:29 PM
Topic:Dan Gillmor's

One topical response is to point you to the latest update from STAND, on how the UK's proposed encryption bill will criminalise users of encryption, and in doing so, flout most of the human rights legislation signed into law last year:

http://www.stand.org.uk/dearjack/

I'm with Jacob here: we're not being asked to choose. Surveillance culture has already arrived by the back-door; the remaining question is whether it can be legally encoded.