Re: What's the deal with Third Voice?

Author:Jeremy Bowers
Posted:9/27/1999; 11:34:15 AM
Topic:Windows apps on Linux: the real reason

That might work here, since Frontier uses the non-standard $ as a parameter indicator. The standard ? is now ignored by Third Voice. The first beta worked the way you suggest, but everything since "fixed" that "bug". So it won't work anywhere else.

Besides, start screwing with the URL and you start screwing with the foundation of the web itself. For instance, make your server redirect to a new URL that is only valid that once. Great, you've knocked out Third Voice... and book marks, and the back button, and the ability to copy the link from the address bar and expect that that link is actually to the page you see....

If Third Voice is unacceptable, it is not our responsibility to change to avoid it, even though I've done some stuff in the past to screw with it anyhow. (Consider that "If" as a logical "implies"; if you consider the first part false, then you can ignore the second part.)