Re: What's the deal with Third Voice?

Author:Bryant Durrell
Posted:9/27/1999; 11:53:13 AM
Topic:Windows apps on Linux: the real reason

If I put up a Web site dedicated to commentary on Scripting News, that's pretty clearly legal.

If you read Scripting News in one browser window while reading my Web site in another, that's pretty clearly legal.

If you put Scripting News in one frame of your browser, while putting my Web site in another, that's pretty clearly legal.

If I write a JavaScript hack so that the commentary frame keeps pace with the Scripting News frame... I bet that's legal too. I'm not modifying anything, or changing anything; I'm just making it easier for the user to read the commentary.

(This is irrelevant to Dave's objections, of course. I'm just commenting on the licensing idea above.)