Re: any servers for testing xml-rpc?

Author:Samuel Reynolds
Posted:9/29/1999; 10:54:28 AM
Topic:any servers for testing xml-rpc?

You can do a loop-back test on a single machine. That's what I'm doing for my Software Directory web app. This is abstracted from one of my tests:

on TestMyRPC()
   local
      params = {}
   new( tableType, @argsTable )

   << set up parameters in params
   . . .

   local
      myIPAddress = tcp.addressDecode( tcp.myAddress() )
      myPort = user.inetd.config.http.port
      replyTable = betty.rpc.client( myIPAddress, myPort, "myRPC", @params )

   system.temp.TestMyRPC_replyTable = replyTable
   edit( @system.temp.TestMyRPC_replyTable )
TestMyRPC()

This is, of course, only an example. You can make the script as complex as you like. The original from which this was abstracted, for example, took parameters, to make it more flexible. Also, in order to automate the test (for regression testing), you could compare the replyTable with the expected value (for example).

- Sam