Re: A 3rd voice alternative

Author:Tucker Goodrich
Posted:9/29/1999; 12:38:39 PM
Topic:A 3rd voice alternative

Well, that's pretty clearly a copyright violation... crit.org is taking Dave's content, reformatting it, and redistributing it.

I'm sure Dave is thrilled to see this...

This is worse than Third Voice... at least third voice doesn't alter the original page...

Here's what the author of CritLink has to say about his software:

"My latest work is CritLink, a third mediator that permits anyone to attach comments to any Web page without any requirement of effort (or consent!) on the part of the author. CritLink was presented at the Extro 3 conference and the Fifth Foresight Conference on Molecular Nanotechnology in fall 1997. The goal is to promote critical discussion to improve knowledge exchange on the Internet. (Recently some companies have introduced products that attempt to imitate what CritLink has been doing for over two years. One of these, Third Voice, claims to be the first to bring inline notes to the Web. In this they are not telling the truth.)"