Re: A 3rd voice alternative

Author:Bill Seitz
Posted:9/30/1999; 7:25:58 AM
Topic:A 3rd voice alternative

I don't think we should take copyright law as either fixed or a form of "natural law". It's a game rule designed to provide financial rewards for creators of intellectual goods.

I believe there is some likelihood that copyright concepts will be affected by the Net.

(I also believe that there's some potential for an XML-based Web to make it possible to mix content and (flags to) annotations, and have the browser let the user control what to see and what to hide (this is where reputation markets come into play).)

And I believe there are relatively simple design solutions which will provide some appropriate level of visual separation between the content and the annotations, so that the effects on the presentation of the original content will be minimized.