Re: Today's scriptingNews Outline

Author:Roger Espinosa
Posted:10/2/1999; 8:54:21 AM
Topic:Today's scriptingNews Outline

(Wait a minute. Isn't Red Hat smoke and mirrors? Their market cap is $5.844 billion. What is their product? Hello.)

Well, for starters, some of the best sysadmin utilities I've encountered on Unix. Sure, there are probably better -- the press glows about Caldera and Mandrake -- but RedHat's installation and configuration and management were lightyears ahead of ...

... Solaris.

For seconds -- how about a useful way to get updates? documentation? How about having a *usable* website?

Hello? There's product *and* they've been (so far) putting their money back into the community.

As a Solaris user, what's bugged me is that Solaris doesn't seem too concerned with anyone except tackling Bill Gates. Sigh.