Re: XML & OS directory's hierarchy to manage a web directory ?

Author:Brent Simmons
Posted:10/5/1999; 9:57:19 AM
Topic:XML & OS directory's hierarchy to manage a web directory ?

I wonder if using a text file (describing the URL) and the directory's hierarchy of an OS is a good idea to manage the information the way is done in yahoo site.

We're doing something similar in Frontier: using XML to describe the structure of a site or part of a site, with information about the pages in the site as part of the XML.

Here's the page on the XML hierarchy format we're using.