Re: XML-RPC Interface for Email

Author:Philip Suh
Posted:10/6/1999; 11:05:43 AM
Topic:

"We want a commonly used mail server that can be adapted to support XML-RPC. "

That sounds like sendmail to me Dave. Sendmail is available both on Unix/Linux and on NT.

Sendmail Inc. is a commercial entity that could probably give you at least some direction on how to go about working with the sendmail code.

http://www.sendmail.org/

http://www.sendmail.com/

As for platforms, the open-source requirement points to the various flavors of Unix, especially FreeBSD or Linux. I don't know of a Mac or Windows mail server that is open source.

I'm running sendmail on Linux, so I'm not exactly impartial...

phil